This recipe can be varied a few different ways. Using fresh carrot will give some texture in the popsicles but if you don’t like that then you could use 4 jars of baby food carrots instead for a more smooth popsicle. Also, instead of ice cream, you could use frozen yogurt or Greek yogurt for a more healthy choice. Lastly, you could reduce the amount of sugar if you wish.
- Half a bag of baby carrots ( 16-ounce bag )
- 1/2 Cup of milk
- 2 TBSP of sugar
- 2 TBSP of brown sugar
- 1 TSP of cinnamon
- 1/2 TSP of ginger
- 1/4 TSP of nutmeg
- 1/4 TSP of salt
- 2 Cups of vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 Cup chopped walnuts
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT the ice cream and walnuts in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the ice cream
- Pour mixture into molds and freeze until slushy. Approx. 1 Hour
- Add walnuts, stir in to evenly distribute, insert pop sticks and freeze until solid.
I made this today and I think they are delicious. If anyone tries this, feel free to let me know how you like them!
PS. I just recently started making freezer pops and will invest in better molds. This was all I could find at our local market. I will order some online, eBay to the rescue!